Friday, August 2, 2013

Family Finder Transfer

Effective this evening I have transferred my husbands raw DNA data to Family Tree DNA for their autosomal analysis using the Family Finder Tool. My purpose in having done this is to be able to connect with more matches and to be able to track down his elusive male ancestor, the one responsible for the Non-Paternal Event within his line.  He previously tested there in 2010 using just the 37 Marker Y-DNA test so heres hoping this opens up some new avenues to explore for us.



The system says that the current wait time is 4 weeks; however, folks on the message boards at 23andME have stated that their transfers only took one week till they had their results, those messages were all posted within the last week as well so it seems their wait time may have decreased. I hope we do not have to wait the four weeks but time will tell.

I have been focusing all of my recent energy on my husbands line specifically. That is not to say that I do not welcome matches from my own family, I certainly do. But my husbands line is currently the one that I am the most focused on at this point in time.  Once I have made significant progress into his line I can readjust my focus on my own line. I do plan on eventually transferring my data there as well in order to gain some more matches.  I will update again once this process has completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment