Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Parents of Mary Polly Massey

For quite sometime now I have been searching for the parents of my Paternal 3rd Great Grandmother one Mary Polly MASSEY. Some say she was the daughter of Nicholas Elon MASSEY and others say she was the daughter of James MASSEY and Jane MORRISON. I have decided to look at the records more closely and see what they tell me and hopefully I will be able to draw some clues from them as to which is the right father for Grandmother Polly.

This one has certainly given me a run for my money. I have located a marriage record for Polly MASSEY and John EADS. The document is transcribed as follows:

"To any regular Minister of the Gospel having the care of souls of whatever denomination or to any Justice of Peace of said county....you...are hereby authorized to celebrate and solemnize the rites of matrimony between John Eades and Polly Massy and join them together as Man and Wife. Witness R. Simonton clerke of Iredell County Court at offices the 23rd day of October 1822." Signed R. Simonton---source File C.R. 104.926 N. C. Archives.




No comments:

Post a Comment