Saturday, August 24, 2013

Attention Comments on this Blog

This comment is directed at my readers. I love running this blog and sharing my family information with you but I feel the need to lay some ground rules. Lately people have been using the comment section to leave me comments pretending to like the content of this blog and then follow such comments with a link to their website which has nothing whatsoever to do with Genealogy. So, I am implementing the following rules regarding what I will and will not allow as comments on my blog:

Do Not and I repeat Do Not use my comment section to spam with your unwanted links to sites that sell anything that have nothing to do with Genealogy or Family History in general. Let me give you an example of a recent comment I received:


"Good blog! Thanks for sharing this information it is really helpful to me." directly underneath the comment was a link to the persons blog about none other than some sort of Testosterone Treatment! 

That my friends is spam! I will not propagate that! If it continues to happen from the same folks they will be blocked from reading my blog, period. 

I do not mind you adding a link if you have the following types of blogs:

Personal Family History,Genealogy,Genetic Genealogy....etc Other links to try and redirect traffic to your blog so you can hope to get some monetary value for it have no place on my blog and I won't tolerate it.

This blog is meant to be a journal that I share my Family History with extended family members and none of us are interested in having to filter through the comments with garbage such as that! Take it elsewhere! Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment