Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Solving a Mystery

Yesterday my sons DNA results came in on Ancestry DNA site. I have spent the past 24 hours pouring over them. I am very pleased with how their DNA program is laid out. If you are new to Genetic Genealogy and not well versed in the aspects of it then Ancestry is a good starting portal for you. I like all three companies but feel that Gedmatch (albiet it free) offers the most tools along with Family Tree DNA.
I have heard both good and bad with Ancestry's recent changes to their site; however I myself am one very pleased customer. I love the new additions to the site. I may do a more in depth review of some of my favorite features in a future post.

I have only had his results one day and have already made a couple major breakthroughs.
 I will share those here very soon. In a prior post I discussed the connections that my husband had to the Poteet family. We were waiting on our sons results to see if he had similar matches as well and turns out he does. These connections appear to be about the 5-8th cousin level according to Ancestry results for our son. Stay tuned as I will be sharing a few of his matches and trying to unravel the pieces soon

No comments:

Post a Comment