Monday, April 27, 2015

ISO Poteet, Standifer, Jones, Echols Baltmore Maryland, Connections

I am currently looking for connections between the following families. I am mainly looking for marriages between those with the surnames STANDIFER, JONES & ECHOLS into the POTEET family. The POTEET line is a huge family from Baltimore Maryland area. I am just beginning my research into this family. My husbands DNA connects him to the POTEET line. If you read my last post you know that I have found a huge chunk of DNA on Chromosome 2 shared with a lot of people. I suspect that particular DNA might be from POTEET ancestry. I am currently aware of only two marriages between the STANDIFER and the POTEET lines and they are as follows:
Lucinda Senaly STANDIFER
(b) abt Aug 1846 in Jonesville, Lee, Virginia
married to William H POTEET a son of David POTEET and Susannah SOUTHERN. Now Lucinda`s parents were Joseph Lee STANDIFER and Mary RUNNELS. It appears as though David POTEET might have married Lucinda`s Sister one Nancy POTEET after he married to Susannah. Note, this is just prelimenary research on my part I have not verified anything into this family as I am just beginning the research so by all means correct me if I am wrong.
I want to hear from others who are delving into these particular lines or who are more knowledgeable about them than I. If you know of anything that might aid me in my research please leave me a message in the contact box on this blog. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment