Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Eads Family History Publication

Earlier this week I was contacted by a second cousin of mine, Mary Linda Miller. Ms. Miller is a published author having written several contributions to the Genealogical community through the years.

She contacted me a week ago and offered to send me a copy of her book that you see pictured here entitled: Heading West & Moving On: A Story of American Emigration
The book is about the EADS-TIPTON Family History and Genealogy. I was so thankful to her for offering to send me the book. It arrived today and she also included another one of her books entitled: Surviving the Times: Four Hundred Years of an American Story.

I have not yet had time to read these books but did glance over them. I am anxious to read them through and through as soon as time permits. These books would make a great addition to your library especially if you happen to be descended from the same family lines. I was excited to find tucked within the pages of the book a photograph of my great Grandmother Dorthula Dalue Smith along with four of her grandchildren, two of which were my Father and his younger brother.  It has always been my intention to one day write a book such as this, but for now I am happy reading the stories of other extended family members such as Mary. Many thanks to her for her contributions to the Genealogical Communities and for the kindness of mentioning me in her book and sending me the autographed copies, I will treasure them and pass them down to my own grandchildren one day!

Note: I am not being paid or otherwise remunerated for recommending these books, if you purchase them using the links I posted in this blog, I will obtain nothing. I recommend them as my way of saying Thank you to Cousin Mary for her kindness and her excellent work! 



No comments:

Post a Comment