Saturday, August 15, 2015

Alice May Johnson-Hartline Parents-Mystery Solved

Today I am finally happy to report that I have located the real parents of my Great Grandmother Alice Mae Johnson-Hartline. Any prior posts on this blog or elsewhere written by me should be officially discarded as of the date of this entry.

I had originally been lead to believe her parents might have been Isaac Johnson and Mary Otelia Horton. I was wrong, I stand corrected. Never assume anything without having all the facts before you. 

Ancestry recently began loading more indepth information from the Original Social Security Death Index with regards to adding parents names. It is my understanding that not all indivduals records have been loaded and you may or may not find the names of your ancestors parents on such document. It was like winning the lottery when I logged on and found her application which listed not only her fathers name, which I already gleaned from the Death Certificate. But there was her Mothers name as well!! My 2nd Great Grandparents are Isaac W. JOHNSON and Elizabeth "Lizzie " LOUDER (CRAIN-JOHNSON). 

Grandmother Lizzie was first married to a man named John W CRAIN. They were married 25 June, 1876 in Butler County, Missouri. 


Their son Silas Marion CRAIN married my 3rd Great Grand Aunt Minnie Viola HARTLINE. Her brother John Newman "Lack" HARTLINE married Alice Mae JOHNSON my Great Grandmother. So I am connected  to Lizzie through both her children. 

Grandmother Lizzie and Grandfather Issac were married 22 September, 1889 in Stoddard County, Missouri. It was her second marriage. I am unsure whether he had been previously married or not at this point.

I am in the early stages of my research into this line. I hope to add more info soon as I learn more about my 2nd Great Grandparents. If you are related to these folks Id love to hear from you as well. Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. William "Craig" Clark (myself) & Christopher Wade Clark biologic Grandchildren of Fern E. Hartline Clark and Albert Harvey "Curley "Clark. Albert "Larry" Clark Also known as "Al or Larry Clark is W.Craig Clark(myself)& Christopher Wade Clark's biological father. Fern Hartline/ Clark my Grandmother, as for Albert Harvey Clark, and Albert Larry Clark they were not active in their role as "Biologic Grand Father, & Father. Fern and Albert Harvey Clark's son is the biological father of "myself William "Craig" Clark and Christopher Wade Clark. Relevant to the biological children of Albert "Larry" Clark.

    ReplyDelete