Friday, January 10, 2014

Alice JOHNSON-HARTLINE Marriage & Death Records


As my regular readers are aware I have been searching for information on the parents of my Paternal Great Grandmother one Alice Mae JOHNSON. Above is her marriage record to my Great Grandfather "Lack" John Newman HARTLINE. As you can see the wording states:

An affidavit from the Guardian and the father of the above named parties

So once again I reiterate I feel that Alice must have had a Guardian, but then again it states the marriage took place at The Brides Home . Here is my dilemma, I can and have located Lack`s parents, they were living in Bernie at the time of the marriage. In the 1900 Census he is listed living in the household of his father Henry HARTLINE in Bernie, Stoddard, Missouri. I am unable to locate Alice before the marriage occurred, anywhere.

This evening I followed up on a lead left on a message board post I had made concerning Alice, however, the lead did not pan out. This is the information that I was given by researcher Pat Davis:

There is in 1910 Stoddard Co., a Martha Masterson 34 showing her 3rd marriage with a daughter May Johnson age 20 b. MO (parents: Ill), in 1900 she is listed as Mary, Martha was married 1st to a Johnson (had a daughter Cora/cara Johnson also), then to a Sullivan and and Otto & Janey, then married a Masterson. Is this gal a possible?

After having read Ms. Davis reply to my message I was a bit hopeful that perhaps this May was indeed my Alice Mae. The birth year matches, they were both born in 1899, however I located the above May JOHNSON living in Duck Creek, Stoddard, Missouri in the household of her Step Father and Mother, Willis and Martha MASTERSON. So this lead did not pan out as you can see by 1910 my Grandmother Alice Mae was already married.


As you can see from Grandmothers Death Certificate posted above her fathers name is listed as Ike JOHNSON and mothers name Unknown. This record states she was born in Dunklin County, Missouri. She lived in Malden apparently at the time of her death and Malden is in Dunklin County.

If you are following along this post is simply a recap of what I know thus far, please see my recent posts about Isaac Denton JOHNSON and how I feel he relates to my Grandmother Alice. As they say, time will tell. I am off to chase more leads!



No comments:

Post a Comment